Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia in Spain. It’s the largest metropolis on the Mediterranean and the sixth most populous urban area in the European Union. Barcelona is one of the world’s largest tourist centers, with dozens of landmark buildings, monuments, and museums to see. Many parks dot the area and the city has 3 miles of beaches on its coastline, including the world-famous Barcelona Beach. As the 10th most visited city in the world, travelers will experience a day full of crowds and by evening, they’ll want to relax. What better way than to relax than in a spa or sauna back at your hotel. Here are 10 spa and sauna hotels to soothe the weary traveler.
Photo by Molly Wolfson via Trover.com
1. The Fit and Spa Lounge inside the Pullman Barcelona Skipper applies Payot to restore harmony to your body. The Lounge includes two treatment cabinets, spa bath, steam bath, sauna, and other luxuries guaranteed to melt your tension away.
2. The Axel Hotel Barcelona & Urban Spa amenities include a health club, indoor and outdoor pool, and a steam room. Whether you are ending a day of sightseeing or working out, the Urban Spa will relax and rejuvenate your body from head to toe.
3. Pamper yourself with a swim in the pool followed by the services of hairdressers and massage. End the evening listening to live music in the piano bar with a cocktail and good conversation. This is the Eurostars Grand Marina.
4. The Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya has guests in a state of bliss with its sauna, spa tub, fitness club, steam room, full-service spa including treatment rooms, and a Turkish bath. Play hard during the day and let the hotel’s spa take care of you at night.
Photo by Gulnaz Hardin via Trover.com
5. Guests’ well-being is priority at Grand Hotel Central. Their Wellness Suite is a private massage room with qualified therapists ready to give a treatment that fits your needs. Check out the Thermal Suite for a 45-minute private steam and sauna experience.
6. The spa amenities at Grums Hotel includes a water circuit with jacuzzi, waterfall, swan-necks, a Finnish sauna, steam bath, and hammocks. Facial and body treatments are available upon request.
7. If you haven’t had enough of the Spanish sun, sit or lay out in the sun terrace at the Catalonia Barcelona Plaza. Other spa services include massage treatments, sauna, and solarium.
Photo by Tom Page via Trover.com
8. On the 5th floor of the Silken Concordia Hotel you’ll find sunbeds, an outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, and sauna. The 5th floor also has a cocktail bar and mini-golf. If you have kids, take them to see the pirate’s treasure on the swimming pool terrace.
9. The spa at the Sallés Hotel Pere IV is a 120-square-metre oasis that includes a pool with cascades, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, and mist and sequential showers.
10. Relax your mind, body, and soul at the spa inside the Catalonia Ramblas. Spa amenities include a sauna, Turkish bath, and jacuzzi. Make an appointment for a cyclonic and aromatherapy showers or a massage cabin. With plenty of choices, guests will drift off to sleep in a state of bliss.
Feature photo by I’m Out of the Office via Trover.com
About the Writer
Tony is a freelance travel writer and photographer, roller coaster enthusiast and self-proclaimed Sudoku master. He’s based in the Midwest U.S. and blogs at The Walking Traveler. He is working with Hipmunk on their #HipmunkCityLove Project.