Blog Post Type: Summary of a City Guide
Vibrant street life, cultural landmarks, and a growing market for arts, entertainment, and fashion make Bangkok a top international destination for travelers. Located on the Gulf of Thailand, Bangkok has plenty of budget hotels allowing travelers to pocket more money. There is no way anyone would want to spend their entire time in Bangkok in their hotel room when there are many cultural sites, events, and attractions to see and experience. Book cheap, drop your bags, grab your necessary gear, and hit the streets for an amazing journey through this thriving city. Here are 6 budget friendly hotels in Bangkok.
Photo by TheTwoHobos via Trover.com
1. The Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok is a modern hotel only one block away from the Skytrain. Luxurious to the eyes and friendly to wallet, The Grand Sukhumvit is within walking distance of Bangkok’s energetic nightlife and market stalls. The hotel is a 30-minute walk from Lumphini Park where travelers can get access to boat rentals on the artificial lake.
2. Located in the heart of Bangkok, the Baiyoke Sky Hotel Bangkok is within walking distance of Pratunam Market and Platinum Fashion Mall. If you are in the mood to see ancient Thai antiques including 4000 year old pottery, the Suan Pakkad Palace is close to the hotel. Your money will go a long way in Thailand while staying at the Baiyoke.
3. The Patpong Night Market is a shopping destination conveniently located by the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn. This infamous market in Bangkok’s nightlife district offers goods in which one should bargain hard. With money saved by staying at the Anantara and a travelers ability to negotiate prices while shopping, you’ll easily make your money last longer.
Photo by Shilpa Balakrishnan via Trover.com
4. If you are looking for a hotel in the heart of Bangkok that has a great price and in a quiet place with access to the vibrant culture of Thailand, then The Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Bangkok is the hotel for you. Modern amenities coupled with a fantastic location and cheap rooms makes the Citrus 13 a perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing and shopping.
5. The Royal Princess Larn Luang is a boutique hotel in the old district of Bangkok. The hotel is nearby centuries-old canals, ancient temples, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, and the Grand Palace. After a day of exploring and learning about ancient Thailand tradition and history, travelers can come back to the Royal Princess and relax in the pool or grab a drink in the Lobby Bar.
Photo by Global-Gallivanting via Trover.com
6. Hotel De Moc is near the Wat Bowonniwet Vihara Buddhist Temple in the Phra Nakhon district and close to the Temple of the emerald Buddha. Bangkok has plenty of sites to see and the Hotel De Moc is a perfect place to rest and recharge along with having peace of mind knowing you are saving money on your hotel stay.
Bangkok is abundant with inexpensive hotels featuring luxury flare and modern amenities. With ancient temples, palaces, historic landmarks, and a vibrant street scene, Bangkok is a city to experience outside a hotel. Stay inexpensively, splurge intelligently.
About the Writer
Tony is a freelance travel writer and photographer, roller coaster enthusiast and self-proclaimed Sudoku master. He’s based in the Midwest U.S. and blogs at The Walking Traveler. He is working with Hipmunk on their #HipmunkCityLove Project.
Feature photo by Shosh via Trover.com