Venice is one of the world’s most romantic cities. She’s made up of 117 islands connected by more than 400 bridges. Walking and traveling via the canals are the best ways to traverse this historic island city. Her centuries-old Venetian Gothic architecture and art scene are two reasons to slow down and soak in all of her history. St. Mark’s Square in the center of the city is a hub for people to eat, people watch, and relax before, during and after a day of roaming Venice. With your feet sore and body achy after a day of walking Venice, head back to your hotel for pampering and revitalization for the next day’s exploration. Here are 5 spa hotels that will complement and balance your visit to Venezia.
Photo By Lys Almonte via Trover.com
1. End your day exploring Venice a little early and head back to the Palace Bonvecchiati hotel and recharge your body in their spa. Detox in a sauna, steam bath, or a whirlpool. Massages and beauty treatments are available upon request. The spa is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., so plan accordingly.
2. Wellness at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice extends beyond a regular spa. Guests can receive an in-room spa where a soothing atmosphere is created, starting with a spa basket that includes aromatherapy oils, music, flowers, a bottle of water and a snack. Finish off the evening with signature Heavenly Bath and White Tea Aloe bath amenities.
3. The Bauer Palladio Hotel & Spa is available to all Bauer hotel clients. The spa offers Spa Rituals for individuals and couples. The Ritual of Dreams, Hammam Ritual, and the “Me & You” Raspberry Wellness Treatment for couples offers various treatments, including Turkish baths, inhalation of balsamic essences, and a dip in the king size Jacuzzi. Individual treatments include massages, a detoxifying silk treatment, and application of volcanic clay. The spa menu is extensive and it has something for everyone.
Photo by llaria, Wanderlust at Heart via Trover.com
4. The Boscolo Venezia Spa and Well-Being Center’s beauty treatments cater to the health, diet and esthetic medicine of its clients. A tranquil atmosphere allows guests to relax while receiving one of many massages offered including a tension-relieving, relaxing massage, a draining massage that encourages lymphatic circulation, and a Quirgolf massage—a deep tissue massage ideal for soothing pain and soreness. Guests can also receive facials, body rubs, a vitamin scrub, and a marine algae wrap. The Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection provides luxury from head-to-toe.
5. Located on the private island of San Clemente, The St. Regis Venice San Clemente Palace is an island retreat that caters to the relaxation and rejuvenation of the traveler’s mind, body, and soul. Guests can stroll through the linden, cypress, and elm trees in the six hectares of gardens after a busy day of walking Venice’s streets. This private retreat has a swimming pool, a centuries-old park, and a church to renew wedding vows. If you are seeking privacy and intimacy, St. Regis Venice Clemente Palace is yours for the taking.
Enjoy walking Venice. Let your feet get a little sore and your body exhausted. Your spa retreat will be waiting with the professional caretakers ready to relax and revitalize you to walk the streets another day.
Photo Feature by Barb via Trover.com
About the Writer
Tony is a freelance travel writer and photographer, roller coaster enthusiast and self-proclaimed Sudoku master. He’s based in the Midwest U.S. and blogs at The Walking Traveler. He is working with Hipmunk on their #HipmunkCityLove Project.