“Blog Post Type: Best of List”
During the summer, New York City is a playground for travelers who stand in wonder at the authority and strength of one of the world’s iconic skylines. To see the city during the day is an adventure. To be a part of the city at night, from your hotel rooftop with a cocktail in hand, city lights glowing, and a fiesta in full swing is a party to experience.
Photo by Efrain Herrera Jimenez via Trover.com
Here are the top 10 rooftop hotel bars in New York City.
1. Upstairs at the Kimberly, a rooftop bar at The Kimberly Hotel, serves sensuous cocktails year round. Rising 30 stories into the New York skyline, Upstairs will keep guests warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The view of the Chrysler building in the foreground adds to the glamour of this popular bar.
2. Mother Nature’s harshest elements won’t stop service of seasonal cocktails in the Press Lounge at Ink148. Open year round with 360 degree views of Midtown Manhattan, this New York City hotel rooftop bar will have guests feeling relaxed after a long day’s work or play.
Photo by Mlkcoo via Trover.com
3. Perched on top of The Strand Hotel, Top of the Strand offers guests views of the Empire State Building while sipping wine, beer, or a specialty drink or tasting fine meats and cheeses from the kitchen. Top of the Strand’s rooftop bar provides hotel guests with year round service.
4. Gramercy Park Hotel, a boutique New York City hotel whose history dates back to the 1920’s is home to the Gramercy Terrace. This rooftop bar is a garden oasis where guests can view art pieces from Damien Hirst and Andy Warhol with a cocktail in hand.
5. A60, a New York City hotel exclusive rooftop bar, is accessible by members and hotel guests only. If you want the opportunity to wine and dine around celebrities and other A-listers, A60 on top of SIXTY SoHo is the place to mingle.
6. The 14th floor of The Library Hotel comes alive at night when the Writer’s Den and Poetry Garden transform into Bookmark’s Lounge serving drinks inspired by literary works. This New York City hotel’s rooftop bar is a trendy gathering for book enthusiasts.
Photo by Andy Farnum via Trover.com
7. The Empire Hotel Rooftop Bar and Lounge marvels guests with a rooftop pool (open Memorial Day through Labor Day) that provides tranquility and relaxation after a long day of sightseeing or work. Enjoy a drink while looking into the New York sky as your stress melts away.
8. Relaxed and refined, Jimmy’s atop The James Hotel provides an intimate setting with 360 degree panoramic views of the city. Jimmy’s makes their cocktails with in-house ingredients including herbs picked from their organic garden.
9. Enjoy a signature “Fasionista” cocktail at Rare View on top of the Hilton New York Fashion District hotel. Reasonably priced drinks, the Manhattan skyline, and four star amenities – what else can a traveler ask for?
Photo by Emily Eisenberg via Trover.com
10. Strings of lights, moderately priced hotel rooms, a view of New York City, and a Salvation Taco; Pod 39 hotel and rooftop bar is budget friendly for couples or solo travelers.
About the Writer
Tony is a freelance travel writer and photographer, roller coaster enthusiast and self-proclaimed Sudoku master. He is based in the Midwest U.S. and blogs at The Walking Traveler. He is working with Hipmunk on their #HipmunkCityLove Project.
Feature photo by Scuba Mami via Trover.com